Ingredients (serves 8)
Red cabbage, beetroot and pomegranate molasses slaw
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses (see tip)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 (450g) red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 beet, peeled, grated or cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 1 shallot, halved, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbs Traditional Oregon or Smoky Hot Dukkah
White cabbage, mint & feta slaw
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs Zesty Oregon Dukkah
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 (650g) savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked, thinly shredded
- 1 long green chili, seeded, finely chopped
- 100gm(3.5oz) feta, crumbled
- To make red cabbage slaw, whisk pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined, then season with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
- To make white cabbage slaw, whisk oil, dukkah, honey, garlic and lemon juice and zest in a large bowl until combined, then season with salt. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Transfer each coleslaw to a separate platter to serve.
- To give your slaws extra crunch, soak cabbage in a bowl of iced salted water for 10 minutes. Drain, then spin dry in a salad spinner.Tip: If you can't find pomegranate molasses, substitute red wine vinegar.