Monday, January 25, 2010
This simple salad is an excellent accompaniment for grilled meat, chicken or fish.
1 pound shredded carrots
½ cup cilantro or Italian parsley – chopped
¼ – ½ cup currants
¼ – ½ cup Smoky Hot or Zesty Oregon Dukkah
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small clove of garlic, minced
¼ Teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
¼ Teaspoon dried mint leaves, crushed
Add salt and pepper to taste
Combine salad ingredients.
Toss with dressing.
It makes a lot – serves 6 – 8
Friday, January 22, 2010
This Oregon Dukkah recipe can be halved using 1 can of “lite” coconut milk and no added water.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 – 14 oz can coconut milk
- 14 oz water (just use the same can!)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons Coconut or Sweet Oregon Dukkah (more for more flavor & texture!)
- Soak the jasmine rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and place the rice in medium pot.
- Add coconut milk, water, brown a sugar and salt to rice and stir.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, cover and turn to low.
- Stir the rice every so often.
- Turn off heat after about 18 minutes.
- Rice should be soupy, but very soft.
- Stir in Oregon Dukkah and serve.
Recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Good with sliced fresh bananas or mangos.
- Really good with caramelized bananas!
Coconut Dukkah and other Oregon Dukkah flavors available on Foodzie.com