She describes it as "like candy on a stick".
Dukkah Salmon Skewers
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon filet
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated ginger
- Dukkah (We recommend Coconut Oregon Dukkah or Zesty Oregon Dukkah)
- Cut salmon into big bite sized pieces.
- Combine the honey, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl or large zip-lock bag.
- Add the salmon and stir or shake to coat well.
- Cover (or seal) and refrigerate for 24 hours, (at least one hour)
When you’re ready to cook the salmon.
- Thread each piece of salmon onto a bamboo skewer that has been soaked in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill over high heat for a couple minutes per side until just cooked through (or broil for 3-4 minutes).
- Don’t overcook them or the salmon will dry out.
- Place the Dukkah mix in a shallow dish
- Dip one side of each salmon skewer in the Dukkah to coat (or sprinkle over them).
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen salmon sticks.